Introduction to Psychology
Welcome to Psychology 101!
Have a seat and make yourself comfortable, we are about to start class. Psychology 101 is a general psychology course adapted to an online training.
This online course represents a summary of the major theories, concepts, and treatment approaches in the field of psychology. Following the text will provide you with a strong basic understanding of the field of psychology. It won’t make you a psychologist, but it’s a great place to start.
Have fun, and happy learning!
This course includes the following units:
- Unit 1: The History and Methods of Psychology
- Unit 2: Neuroscience
- Unit 3: Sensation and Perception
- Unit 4: Learning and Memory
- Unit 5: Development
- Unit 6: Personality
- Unit 7: Social Psychology
- Unit 8: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Unit 9: Health and Stress Psychology
- Unit 10: Psychopathology
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the general history of the field of psychology;
- demonstrate familiarity with social science research methods;
- understand the steps of the scientific method, how it applies to psychological research methodology, and the types of analysis common in psychological research;
- explain the nature versus nurture argument and the current status of thinking regarding gene-environment interaction;
- identify the major components of biological systems often studied in psychology; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the following subfields within psychology: sensation and perception, learning and memory, human development, social psychology, and clinical psychology/psychopathology.
SUBSCRIBE FOR UNLIMITED ACCESS TO ALL COURSES