INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Managing a team for the first time can be a very daunting experience, your success is completely tied to the performance of others.
In order to face the challenges of your new role, you need to equip yourself with the essential people management skills that will enable you to motivate and gain employee commitment.
Develop a results-driven team by improving and adapting your people skills and harnessing the abilities of your team members.
A highly experienced management training specialist teaches this dynamic course providing practical advice on developing not only management style but also putting a strategic plan in place, identifying priorities and problems, dealing with team issues and nurturing an effective and highly-motivated team.
This online programme will provide you with the tools and tactics that will help you make the transition from an individual contributor to a well-respected manager in order to achieve team success and drive bottom line performance.
What you will learn
- Know what causes teams to be effective and ineffective
- Make the transition to a leadership role
- Clarify the objectives for your team
- Learn how to listen to and question others effectively
- Learn how to give feedback to others more assertively
- Hold more useful and relevant meetings
- Agree performance goals with team members
- Have a process to manage accountability in the team
- Learn how to maintain the dignity of others at work
- Delegate more effectively
- Have a personal management process